Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Midterm Stories - Tell Us!

Way to go, Debbie! You did great - thank you so much for sharing it. We look forward to hearing more of your stories as you get the courage to go for the "more important" things Hey, it's all important, right? Anything that helps increase our faith in a loving Creator who is more willing than we know to help us become all we were meant to be!

My Midterm Assignment: I suppose finding things is a normal project to choose after watching Leslie's presentation on the packing tape But it was also a "natural" for my midterm project because I had misplaced a cd-book from the library, and needed to return it before I leave on a trip.
    I did what Leslie said to do: visualized the cd book as clearly as I could. The title, what I envision the protagonist looks like. Some of the scenes in the book. I felt the book in my hands, felt its dimensions, smoothed my palms over its front and back cover, ran my fingers around its edges, and along the inside of the 'pages.' I ran a finigernail around the groove where it would open and felt up and down the spine. Then I opened it and looked at the first of the discs in its clear vinyl sleeve. I slid it out and touched it. I put it back in, turned the pages, counted each disc, then closed the book. I felt it snap shut.
    I'm here to report that I did this exercise at about 2:00 AM. I woke up at 5:00 AM and began moving some things around in my room, and found the book before 5:30 AM!!! It's been lost for about a week, among the junk I've been sorting through to pack for my trip. But there it was, practically on top!
    I've found other lost articles this way, including my wallet, so maybe as a midterm project this was a bit simplistic, but at the moment, it was all I could think of, was to fulfill a 'simplistic' need. On to something more complicated!!!

As I have gone through the FTMF course, and read muliple books about Universal Laws, I have had multiple experiences like those we have been asked to experience for our midterm. However, instead of opting to use one of those old experiences, I decided to put these principles to work again.
    This time, I decided to apply it my Soul Purpose. I sat back in my chair, looked up at the ceiling and came up with an idea. I visualized someone out in the world, reading one of my articles, or one of my posts where I explained my Soul Purpose. I could see this individual reading my posts and then wanting to respond and contact me for any additional information, or help. When I saw this in my mind, instead of feeling happy and excited at this realization, I instead felt something much more deep and real for me. I felt gratitude to be able to help another work through difficulities or receive answers to questions they may have. That feeling was real and completely different from my past experiences.
    Now, I know we can't take away anyone's agency and I understand that. So, as I went through this exercise, I simply kept in my mind that I wanted to help someone - anyone who chose to receive help for themselves. I also told myself that if someone didn't contact me, that I was okay with that, thereby this experience was inconsequential to me. Either someone acted for themselves to reach out for answers, or they didn't.
    Honestly, part of me wondered if an experience like this would work or not. And, if it didn't, I was okay with that. I did this on a Thursday morning and told myself that I will look for this to happen through the following next day. I then left it alone, and went about other tasks I had to attend to.
    Later that same day, I went to check my email for a different correspondance, and wouldn't you know it - there was an email from someone I didn't know. At first I thought... spam! Then I paused and felt inclined to open it in a safe mode. I was amazed to find a simple question from someone that had a question for me as it relates to my Soul Purpose! I was able have some simple correspondance with this individual as it pertained to his/her question.
    I continue to be amazed at the very real power that these principles contain. All we have to do is apply them. Like it has been said; it's not necessarily easy, but it is simple!

Love it!!!!

This is so great! I remember early on reading something about someone who visualizes at night all the people she needs to talk to on the phone the next day and how they call her. Then she gets to receive the calls instead of making all of them!

That is very cool!!! I'm going to have to try that!! I have noticed that I have been attracting people and the right things for my businesses that have come easily. I like it when things come to me and i don't have to stress and fret about finding it myself!

Thanks for the great idea!
    Denise
    [URL="http://www.allaboutbecoming.com"]http://www.allaboutbecoming.com[/URL]

[URL="http://www.denisew.thoughtsalive.com"]http://www.denisew.thoughtsalive.com[/URL]

7. Default

Alot has happened since beginning this journey last February. I continue to struggle with balance in my life between work, self improvemnet, home projects and maintaining my relationship with my BiPolar wife. I seem to get distracted by the latest and greatest new self help/ self hypnosis program only to return to the FTMF and continue my studies.

I can't believe when I was younger I truely thought that life got easier as you got older. Boy was I saddly mistaken. I think life has trown just about everthing but the kitchen sink at me the last few years. Oh!I take that back, that was 08' when I had to completly redo the kitchen only a few months after completing the remodel that took years to complete. I guess I need the practice. I am just now learning to try and look at these situations as positive learning experiences. Easier said than done. You can say that I found this program just in time.
    I have had great sucess with manifesting desired results. The first time I tried it I was running late to a meeting and generally there is one person no one wants to sit next to. Not wanting to sit next to them I visualized a spot at the oposite end of the conferenc rm. When I arrive my seat across the room was waitng for me. Ok , so I am thinking that was cool but... " Baby steps".

A few hours later my wife calls and tells me she needs her medication refilled. Remeber "BiPolar" This is serious. So I run out during my luch break dreading trying to find a parking spot during lunch at Kaiser. I remember to think about abundance not the lack here. When I arrive I find the parking lot half empty and I walk staight up to the counter ... NO WAITING.. pick up the meds and back to work in no time at all.

So all this happens the first time I ever tried it. The day is not over yet. I am on my way home, meds in hand I see in my mind the very bumpy gravel road that leads home. In the past few weeks the road has gotten alot worse from rain, snowstroms and just plain old wear and tear. Up til now I have been able to find a route around and through the chuck hole rittled road. I decided to try and visualize again and ask God to help me lind that magical line through the bumps to get home with fillings still in my teeth. Just as I round the last corner before the gravel road ,for a secound I have doubts, but quickly reaffirm that smooth path home. Beyond that curve a freshly regraded road layed stretched out before me. I was in complete amzement! I just asked for a path not a whole road.

All this happend in the same day the first time I ever tried. Exceeded my wildest expectations! My only problem is from time to time I forget I have the power and still want to do things the hard way.

Stay faithful
    Marty

Default Mid Term experiences

My mid term experiment involved finding my old pink comb that was lost during a recent house move. For weeks after the move I couldn't find it and felt the loss as I'd had the comb for as long as I can remember. Its a silly little thing but I really hated losing that old pink comb. Each box I unpacked rendered everything but the pink comb until finally I decided that it must have been thrown out during the move and gave up looking.

So, when I resumed Lesson 12, I thought of my pink comb. I closed my eyes and imagined myself finding the comb. I visualised going straight to it, holding it, using it, putting it in my bag and when I was done I opened my eyes. I then got up from the desk without allowing myself to reason why, walked to my room, opened the cupboard and reached for an old makeup bag that I kept useless bits and pieces in. Inside was my pink comb. No fuss, no bother, there it was. Prior to that, I'd ransacked the house for weeks looking for it...

An even bigger experience occurred weeks ago when I first began work on Lesson 12. In fact I was up to this part. I had a call out of the blue one day from the Real Estate Agent whom I rent my house from. She was ringing to ask how I was going finding another place to live. I was totally bemused by her question as I had no plans to move anywhere, quite the contrary, I'd just spent more money than I could afford on extra marketing for my home based holistic healing business after just completing an extensive marketing plan for it which included a long term strategy involving the house I was in.

"Oh she said, didn't you get our letter?"

"What letter..."

Apparently they'd sent me a letter a month prior informing me that I had to vacate the premises (in 3 weeks time) as the owner of the property wanted to move in to the house and renovate. I was truly in shock. The thought of moving now after all the effort I'd put in to building my business and my credibility in the community as a holistic health practitioner didn't bear thinking about - it had not been an easy task.

But more than that...

Finding a good quality, affordable rental property in Sydney is currently an impossible dream, finding a property of comparable standard and rent that would suit my needs in this area was going to be an even bigger challenge, let alone trying to find another property within 3 weeks, pack the house and move while trying to juggle appointments. It was a daunting thought and I felt thoroughly doomed.

That afternoon I checked out the dumps in this local area that the Real Estate had sent me to and came home crestfallen. Not only were they smaller, but very unattractive, looked unloved and were far more expensive than the beautiful home I was leaving.

I was about to indulge myself in a pity party of mammoth proportions when I remembered Lesson 12...

Instead of allowing the pity party to go into full swing, I visualised exactly what I wanted but at an affordable rent, WITHOUT a pool, WITH a fireplace (the current house had both but I wasn't allowed to use the fireplace) in the same area etc. I even wrote out what I wanted in detail and kept my focus on that. I have absolute faith in the system so set out to materialise what I wanted.

Guess what I got...

The next day a man came knocking on my door to apologise for the horrendous noise he was creating chainsawing the trees in his yard down. He owned the house adjacent to my back yard, right on the edge of the bush gully. It turns out his tenants had left the premises and he was giving the house a thorough makeover in preparation for new tenants. After we got talking he invited me down to have a look at the house which was going to be ready for occupation in about 3 weeks time. It had exactly what I wanted, but best of all, no pool and a massive working fireplace plus a years worth of firewood, far less rent to pay, no quarterly water bills to pay and the electricity charges were at last half of what I was used to paying in the old house.

PLUS the address is 2 doors down from the old house. So I moved house with a minimum of ease with no removalist costs, and as it turns out the house is so much more practical from the perspective of seeing clients. The house is truly beautiful and my clients love coming for healing sessions here. I'm so grateful for it.

Everything fell into place overnight.

Now, if I can just learn to do this on a regular basis....

9. Default

It took me a small bit of time to decide on something that was inconsequential. We live on 1/2 acre and have several feral cats that go through our yard. A few of them we have named. One in particular is my favorite. We named him Boots. He is a grey tabby with with white patches on his two hind legs that look like he is wearing boots.
    I decided that because I hadn't seen him for awhile and would like to see him that would be what I would practice on. I set a goal to see him by Thursday of this week. I made the goal on Monday. I didn't have to think too hard about this. I just visualized his cute face and mannerisms in my mind with a smile on my face.
    That night, my husband put out some scraps and there was Boots. I ran over to look out the door and he went scurrying to the picnic table bench. He turned around and looked right at me.
    That night at bedtime, I thought that I would like to have some fun with this exercise. I decided that I would like to see Boots at least one more time before Thursday. The next day, I saw him under our trampoline in the backyard, just because I happened to look out of my bathroom window. That night, I put out some scraps after dinner and there was Boots again. Boots hasn't been in the backyard receiving scraps for several weeks now, so I don't think this is coincidental. It is the law of attraction at work. Cool!

It has been a month since I posted this experience. I thought that I would make a note here that I haven't seen Boots since that week wherein I made a conscious effort and choice to want to see him. Just evidence that what happened was not coincidental.
    Last edited by sheili; 01-13-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Update

10. Default

My mid-term Experience:

Please bare in mind that it was suggested to pick something really small and insignificant. It took me awhile to come up with any idea at all and then I thought about a note that I had misplaced with a name and phone number on it that I needed in order to return a promised call. I had looked everywhere for it, several times in fact… and was now about one week overdue in returning the call and feeling a tad stressed about it.

So, I did the whole relax, breath, visualize the note, finding it and finally being able to make that overdue call! I looked again in the usual place where I normally keep important notes, in a cardholder beside my computer, not there, I ran upstairs and looked in my jacket pocket, not there, looked on the dresser under a stack of freshly folded clothes, not there, ran back downstairs and checked my overcoat pockets, not there, out to my truck, not there, in my change purse, not there !!!

I returned to my computer and say down with a sigh, somewhat disappointed in my little failed experiment. I thought, well, it is simply gone, I must have accidentally tossed it out.

I decided to return to this program and while I waited for it to open...I happened to glance down on the table top in front of me, where my eyes fell upon the teensiest bit of pink...barely peeking out from under a small handheld calculator there...(No, it can‘t be???) the very calculator that I had already moved twice today in my search for the note! I picked up the calculator and YES, there it was, the note, neatly folded with name and phone number, now in my hands as early imagined.

I was ‘truly’ surprised because I would never have 'hidden' it there and it happening to be the exact the same size as the calculator, the odds of it remaining hidden while being moved several times...were highly improbable.

So, I offered up my genuine thanks, made my call and all was well. I was truly grateful as I was feeling stressed in keeping this person waiting and even though it was over Christmas, which I felt would somewhat excuse my negligence, I was beginning to feel that in not finding the note nor returning the call as promised, I was sure to lose some of my own credibility.

This experiment to me was both simple and yet profound. An eye opener for sure. I look forward to practicing this interesting Law of Perpetual Transmutation every day!
    Last edited by Kathy; 01-07-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: None

11. Default

We had this library book called "The Alamo" that had been lost for several weeks. Attempts were made to look everywhere for it, but to no avail. Then the day came from the library that it was due with no more renewals. I knew it was time to use my new knowledge to help me find it. I first knelt in prayer and earnestly thanked Heavenly Father for helping to find the book. I also used visualization of the book and the feel of the cover and the pages. When anxious feeling arose about finding it, I quickly replaced them with gratitude to God for helping me find the book. I was on the phone with my husband and I had Dish Network at my house doing some work, and even with these distractions, I automatically moved to the library in our home and began AGAIN to search the shelves and cabinets. Within a minute I found it tucked among the books in one of our many bookshelves, just as if it belonged there. Of course I expressed great gratitude for not only the find, but also for the truths I learned to help me find the book! I have actually had some deeper, more sacred experiences with this, but this is a simple example of how true the principles are.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an experience that really fits here, before I even came to the midterm lesson. I found myself thinking of a particular song, and really being in the mood to hear it. I turned on my radio, and that was the song that was playing! I didn't even have to change the station to find it!

I decided for the midterm that I wanted to see a bird in my backyard, one that I had never seen before, so I picked an owl, which I have never seen in the wild. I wasn't even sure that owls live in my area (they do), but that is what I wanted anyway. I also decided that I didn't want to be really freaked out by turning and seeing a huge bird in my yard, so I specified a smaller variety, and was very excited to find internet pictures of them that were taken not far from where I live. Then the doubt set in. I am learning that the doubting part of me is pretty strong (I think I've been feeding the wrong wolf, so to speak!). I also had a hard time just going about my business. It was like I had a choke-hold on the idea and couldn't let it just be (I've noticed that habit in other areas of my life, as well). I wanted so much to finish this experiment right away so I could move on (I've really been loving this course!).

As I was experiencing the doubt and trying to dismiss it and hold to my idea with faith, I realized that there was another situation I could experiment on. My husband and I were planning on discussing a subject that we both knew would be emotionally charged. I realized that I could "jackrabbit" a calm, peaceful experience, one that would be different from most of our previous experiences where an emotional subject is involved. I decided that this would be my mid-term experiment.

I took a few minutes before our discussion to visualize the peaceful experience I wanted, and as I did, the negative emotions that I have always associated with our dicussions started to surface. I couldn't visualize peace in that frame of mind, so I took a moment to use some techniques I know to clear those negative emotions. Then I was free to visualize myself as being articulate, calm, peaceful, loving, understanding, and joyful. I made it the subject of prayer as well. When the discussion came, I felt different. I felt peaceful and confident. And the emotionally charged feeling that has accompanied similar discussions in the past was completely absent. I felt love for my husband, and felt his love for me. It was a very sweet experience! And now that I no longer feel anxiety about how soon I will finish this assignment, I am also absolutely confident that I will see that little owl in my back yard. I think I just need to set a date!

Hey Robyn, this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your experience. We can take those peaceful discussions for granted, but it's so cool to see you create the environment to have one on purpose - even when that isn't how it would have typically gone.

I look forward to hearing a follow up about your owl - be sure to let us know!

Leslie

Default Mid-term experience - WOW

While I was shopping, i realized that my clip-on sunglasses were gone. I had visted several stores and they could have been in any of them. I started rushing to where I was and backtracking my steps looking for them. In between the second and the third of five, I decided to relaxe and see if i could find them by doing the experiement with intent.

I stopped, relaxed and closed my eyes and pictured my self taking them off and putting them down, then I pictured me finding them in that location and being very suprised and very grateful that I did find them.

GOD told me to go home and look in my closet, I did they were there. WOW GOD.

Love it!! Way to go, gewitt!

Funny story - this reminded me of someone I heard of who was driving with their family on a trip, and they stopped at a gas station for a while. Then they hit the road again and quite some time later, the mother realized she didn't have her sunglasses. I guess they were prescription (or something about them was important enough) because they turned around and went back for them. When they got there, they discovered their son had been left behind too. Now, I have no idea if it's a true story or not, but thank heaven's she noticed her glasses were missing!

Default My mid-term experience

Wow! How time propels us forward. My last entry of January 5th was the entry I made just as I completed about half of this first course and took on my mid-term assignment. The assignment I took on was the completion of a home improvement project - installing a pull-down attic door. I am not a handy man with carpentry and mechanics. I had started this project in November 2010 with high hopes of just following directions successfully installing this door. Unfortunately, I quickly got in over my head and realized I could not finish the installation by myself. I needed help from someone who knew more about the subject than I did. Hence, my mid-term assignment was to attract someone who would help me finish installing this door, or better yet, do it for me.

I made this the focus of my effort for several days and when no one appeared, I returned my focus on making a living and that meant making money. I considered thinking of a different, perhaps less "difficult" assignment, but I felt like that might be cheating, or least "selling myself short". I refused to lower the bar. Even so, I stopped thinking about the door and I began to feel guilty that perhaps I was not doing the lesson right. I refused to move forward in the course because I needed to successfully complete the mid-term assignment and not blow past it. But if I could not attract the person to help me finish the door, no, finish the door for me, then how could I finish the course?

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, and there I sat, with a conundrum turned into and impasse. My guilt and self-anger began to mount, but just a little. I decided I would "wait this out" and continue to focus on improving my financial life. As the assignment required, I stopped focusing on the problem and focused on something else instead.

Then it happened. About the first of March, my continued efforts to land a consulting job for a certain project paid off and I began working full-time and with a small but adequate salary - Can we say a "paper bag with a sandwich in it sufficient to give me the energy to carry on"? With my first paycheck, I called a general contractor neighbor of mine and said, "I don't care how much it costs, but please come finish installing my attic door!" He came over that same morning and had it installed beautifully in a couple of hours. I gratefully and happily paid him $100 dollars for his time and the assignment was over. or was it?

During the (over 10) months I was trying to land this "job" I was really struggling financially. I had lost my cell phone due to no money to pay the bill. We had miraculously been able to buy a used truck for transportation, but it was all we had. The same week I landed this job and completed my mid-term assignment, the company I was working for provided me with an Android phone, new laptop computer and another modest used car (much more economical on the gas) all for free! And as if that was not enough, I received my first tax refund in over 20 years amounting to several thousand dollars!

As of this date, I am still working on this consulting job and anticipating a modest raise in June. The road has not been easy, but I have learned so much about my self along the way. I am investing a portion of this money to re-invest into another home-based business. Both my consulting job and this home-based business are "jack rabbits" that I can attract and which will allow me to put all of these principles to the test in my life.

Yes, it has taken me weeks to resume my lessons here. Nevertheless, I give myself a resounding A+ on my mid-term assignment and can now continue moving forward. As busy as things are, I will probably need to slow down the pace of my work, but I will not compromise the quality of my work here. These lessons ARE affecting my life according to plan.

17. Default

I tried it quite a few times with success, the first was when I my office sent me to this building that is always soo busy and there are like 3 parking lots, that time I couldn't find ANY spots until the furthest parking lot. So this time I decided to picture myself finding the best spot, so close to the door, in the front row. So when I got there I went to the first parking lot and around the back, everything else looked full, but when I went to the front row, there it was the perfect spot, right in front of the main door!

Another time I tried it was when my dance group had our first performances of the summer, these three performances usually turn out really bad. We make plenty of mistakes, and the weather really doesn't help out much at all, it's always rainy, and windy and cold. The first one is in SLC the next one the same day is in Wyoming, and in the way back it's usually snowing really bad, and the drive back is very dangerous. So a few days before the performances I decided to picture myself soo happy and excited that we had had such amazing performances, and that the weather was just perfectly beautiful. I pictured myself feeling very proud of myself for having remembered all of the choreographies. And well that day was simply outstanding. We had the best performances of the year, the weather was amazingly perfect, so sunny and warm, we were able to drive safely back from Wyoming and everyone did fantastically well!

Way to go, Alyson! It's such a simple thing, but when we recognize it and trace our thoughts to see what affects what, it's so profound. I appreciate that you took the time to share your successes. I look forward to hearing more!

19. Default

I think I picked a not great task to do--the overachiever in me, maybe? I decided that I wanted to be able to sign up for a class that required paperwork that the school didn't have. I kept imagining the screen on my computer showing me the test scores to enable my sign-up, and then the page that would show that there were still seats left. I actually ran into several snags, and then added a different class because I thought I was running out of time. But I kept imagining the screens anyway. So then a week ago, everything finally fell into place and I was able to drop the the other class and add the one that I really wanted. Along the way, I found myself signed up for something that satisfied a basic course for my degree and that excited me far more than another class I had signed up for just to fill a space. If I hadn't had to wait on the first class that I really needed, I wouldn't have found such a better one for my schedule.
    I was also able to find my husband's keys the other day by keeping my calm and thinking about them in detail--it was more of the fuzzy rabbit picture, but it was good enough and he found them when I started looking in the right place (that he had already looked in). So I'm going to count that as my bonus success.

20. Default

I posted my mid-term report last week--in the wrong place, I think. I have also reflected more on my results and reviewed the last couple of lessons. I have realized that the goal I put more emphasis on--selling my stove--was really part of the previous lesson's vacuum law and my goal was conceived at that time. I had a good deal of emotion tied to that goal and felt frustrated that my results were longer in coming and less than I planned. The small things that I succeeded in manifesting were not emotion-filled, and easy. My most recent example is that I haven't been able to find my FTMF phase 1 workbook for a couple of weeks. I was frustrated and felt I couldn't move forward because I wasn't sure I had completed my lesson 12 homework. In reading the next lesson, it became even more clear that I needed the workbook. Yesterday I stopped and visualized where it was. I knew I should remember where I put it and when I stopped to calmly consider it, I saw it in my file. I knew it was true, so I went about my day, and when I went to get it this morning, I pulled it out immediately. I am not stuck any longer. Hurray!

21. Default Midterm - Story

I've used the visualization process for several different successes. After reading JF and HT, I tried it on trying to find my wife's phone and later my wife's hat, during the same weekend. Found both, the phone having been dropped into a small crack in a pile of junk in a cluttered basement. But the story specifically tied to the assignment is as follows: I couldn't think of anything at first, but since the lesson refers to finding a dollar bill, i decided to try visualizing finding $20 from an unexpected source. It worked but much more so than I imagined. I had taken a free online webinar, a prequel course if you will, for investing. I knew going into it, that I was intending to take a subsequent course that normally costs $250. At the conclusion of the webinar, I signed up for the online course. Then last Sunday as I completed the 6th lesson, I went through the procession of visualizing finding $20 from an unexpected source. Monday morning, I received an email from the instructor of the free course offering me $50 off the course I had just signed up for. Since I had already signed up, I emailed him asking if I could get the discount. It ended up being a round-about way of doing it, but ultimately I paid $200 instead of $250. Instead of $20 from an unexpected source, I ended up with $50. Awesome! It works and I know it will work on my bigger goals. Patience, time, faith and God will get me there.

Default Midtern Story

I left after my classes in the late afternoon and climbed into my truck in search of a curling iron. In my last minute prep I didn't have time to track down the person I had borrowed my personal one to so there I was on a search for probably the only store that would have a butane one in all of Provo. I drove with heavy traffic in search of a couple of items that I hadn't brought to BYU Education Week. I always bring a trailer and park in the RV parking--no electricity--the reason for a butane curling iron. As I was creeping along the road with the traffic, I was passing Shopco and the feeling came to me that they would have one, but because the traffic was heavy and I needed to go further to another store, I continued on. Now the reasonable person would certainly look in the other stores to save a stop and being reasonable that is what I did. I looked in the massive store, asked at the salon, and was sent to a beauty supply store. But of course at the mall they have salons too, so I asked there as I was there as well. Of course there weren't any. Not only were there not any but one stylist said they were obsolete. No! they were dinosaur items and I would not be able to find one unless I looked on the internet...a little late for that solution. Finally heading back the way I came, I turned off the traffic packed road into the shopping center where Sally's was--hoping they stocked dinosaur items, but they didn't. Now directly across four lines of crowded bumper to bumper traffic sat Shopco. Well if all the others didn't have it why would Shopco and anyway to get there would involve tremendous skill driving my truck (not a small one but a 3/4 extended cab that used diesel). It wasn't my little Blazer that I have used every day for the last 12 years. Courage! I carefully headed for the parking lot at shopco. Arriving there I walked through the doors, and I knew which way to go. I could feel it. And I walked straight to the very spot that two, not just one, but two, butane curling irons were hanging on the wall among a very crowded display. Just as I had felt in passing this store the first time it was truly THE PLACE.

As I was studying lesson 12 and thinking of what my midterm project should be, my Sister-In-Law called to invite me to a family birthday party for my nephew. I had forgotten all about his birthday, and I had no money currently to give him a present. I knew he was saving up for a Dirt Bike, and I thought the best present for 14 was some money anyway. I decided that this was the perfect opportunity. I just needed to will it into existence! My husband's paycheck comes on the 10th, so I had no expectation of where the money would come from.

I closed my eyes and saw the 10 and 5 dollar bills, felt their texture in my hand, and the joy and gratitude I had that I was able to give to this wonderful young man. I saw myself signing the card, and slipping the money inside. I also envisioned the smile on his face as my husband gave him the card. I was so expectant and excited! This was last Thursday. All day Thursday and Friday I held that thought and felt gratitude and expectation.

Friday afternoon I had a friend over when my husband called. He had been given his paycheck three days early! It didn't hit me at first, I just visited with my friend. After she left, I started making dinner... as I was cooking the meat I was suddenly struck with the realization that I had the money to give my nephew. I started laughing! What a joy it was! His work has never given him a check early before, and all I had to do was deposit it! I am so happy and grateful for all that I am learning. I cannot wait to do some more experiments!

Chani Birkner

24. Default

I finally got my feathers, but it took a lot of effort on my part to trust. They finally manifested when I forgot all about it and let it go!

@ anne_stffrd,

Great lesson learned. Was this all you wanted to share with us about your mid-term experience? I'm intrigued.

26. Default

My midterm experience. Since I have been putting the Laws of Thought to work for about a year now, I have had some successes and some not. And it's been interesting to learn what little thing has to be tweaked here or there for a manifestation to come about. Soooo I picked something new just for this assignment. I have a rib that's been out of place in my back for about a month now and only bothers me when I bend in certain positions and a little at night while I'm sleeping. So I decided to put these thought principles to the test to get my rib in place WITHOUT seeing a chiropractor. What's the miracle in that, right?

So I started with my visualizations and affirmations and all the things I was taught and got very frustrated when a week went by, and my back only seemed to get worse. I stuck with it and kept trying to visualize a good night's sleep, moving my back and feeling good, etc, etc. Then one day (yesterday) it hit me that I had never written this goal down. I had only asked God in prayer to help me with this, but I never wrote it down and only thought about it a couple times a day. So yesterday morning, I wrote down a goal on paper, put the paper in my pocket and set my watch to beep every 30 minutes. Every time my watch beeped, I took out the paper, read it, and spent just a few moments visualizing the outcome and enjoying the results in my head. By the end of that very day, I had noticeable improvements, and not once last night did I wake up with any discomfort in my back.

I've also noticed when I've done things like this in the past that it is only when I have tried absolutely everything I know how and then finally, in humility, let go and let God. I tell Him that I've done everything I possibly can, and that I now need to trust Him. It's usually only then that I see results...when I stop trying to do everything and let God in.

Whew! I love these exercises and learning about this power of thought because it truly is a power that we have to use in our behalf!

Glad your back is feeling better! I love, love, love your idea of setting your watch to beep every 30 minutes! I have a goal I am hitting a wall with right now, and I think that is the answer I am looking for! I am going to try that today... Thanks for sharing~

28. Default

I have been amazed at how simply and how well this works. I have gotten so many good parking places and green lights it's amazing. For my midterm I want to get some shoes for my son and daughter. I was running out of time to get them as I had visitors coming to my home, but the sale was going to be over and I had 1/2 hour to get them. So as I drove over to Payless I kept visualizing my children finding shoes they loved and they were such a good price and they were in the right size. I really think that almost every time I've gone shoe shopping in the past I've had to visit more than one store because they didn't have the right size - and I didn't have time to go to a second store.

So once we got into the store we stopped and had their feet measured so we wouldn't waste time looking at the wrong sized shoe. Then we went straight to the racks. They both found shoes the loved in under 15 minutes! We bought them and two pairs were even on clearance. It was a great trip to the shoe store!

I know this really works! I also love how it's changing me into a person who expects good things to happen to me and to everyone I know. My 20 year old daughter, who is away at college, needed a job this semester and she followed all of the rules and I kept encouraging her that it was coming. It was a hard month waiting for it but she is starting her job on Monday and it's going to be exactly what she asked for (It's not everything she could wish for, but she didn't write that down). She also got $700 to cover a payment for study abroad that she wasn't expecting.

One of the coolest things that has happened so far on this journey is the coats. A couple of weeks before Christmas I wrote down that I wanted new coats for everyone in my family and we got them! It was amazing to me. And they were brand-new, nice, the color we wanted and the right size.

Talking Who knew

Hi

I have done so much soul searching this last while trying to figure out which direction I wanted my life to go in. Eventually, it quietly dawned on me (without all the fanfare I expected) what it was I love doing ... helping people. And what better way to do that than to help them live their best life. So I decided to do this course ... pretty silly trying to help someone else live their best life when I'm not necessarily living mine. And here I am.

Imagine my surprise when I realised in Lesson 12 that I had already been using the Law of Transmutation without knowing it.

I have a habit (for which my family and friends laugh at me) of standing in the middle of a room when I'm looking for something, going "come out, come out, where ever you are. I know you're in here. You can't hide from me!" And, lo-and-behold, I will find what I'm looking for. Who knew!!!

30. Default

A few days ago, my daughters friend lost the charm off her necklace. She was so upset and we couldn't find it. She lost it outside and it was a mess out there. Well they went home and I kept looking. I still couldn't find it. So I decided to put the laws to the test. I stopped looking an quieted my mind. I pictured myself picking up the charm, finding it, feeling so grateful that I found it, and finally how it would feel to give it back to the girl, how happy and grateful we both would feel. I opened my eyes and tried to just be open. I looked at a group of pots and thought I should look there first, so I did. After moving everything I still didn't find it. I started to think "This probably won't work" but I rejected those thoughts and instead focused on being thankful. I decided to take a break, but just as I was walking back into the house, I kicked something on the ground and it moved an empty water bottle. I saw something pink inside it! It was the charm! I don't know how it fell off her necklace into a water bottle, but I had used the laws and found it! I was so excited!

I sent my little boy downstairs to get a book we needed for his Language Arts lesson (I am homeschooling him). He came back frustrated, saying he couldn't find it. So I went downstairs to look. It was not on the shelf where it belongs. I went through every shelf of homeschool books we have to no avail. I went through them again, a little more slowly. Still I couldn't find it. But I had seen it just a few days prior! I felt myself starting to get agitated, so I took a breath, remembering what I have learned. I closed my eyes and visualized the book in my hands. The funny thing is that I only visualized it for about 10 seconds. It was hardly my best effort. I opened my eyes and started to go through the books on the shelf again. My eyes - almost by themselves - looked upward to the top of the shelf. There was a pile of books there, and for some reason, I lifted them. The book I was looking for was at the bottom of the stack, hiding under the others. I never would have thought to look there.

As I was working on this midterm. My son got in trouble at school. I was at a stand still all other things I have tried with him never work. So my husband and I were looking every where for any new way we could find with how we could better help our son. After attempting to talk to him and getting no where, we all went to bed. This morning after everyone left for the day I got online to look at some of the forums to see what other people had done, wondering if I should do something new. I found out about Accountability Concept. So I than realized that I had finished my midterm. I was way more emotional about my son than I was about I was less emotional about.

My husband Bill and I are doing this together but since he's a two finger typist and I'm a former computer programmer (lots and lots of typing) I'll do the posting for us both.
    Bill's midterm - planned and unplanned.
    Since we live in the middle of nowhere USA, getting products can be a problem. The nearest small city is 50 miles away and the grocery store is 20 miles away. We had a cracked windshield on an older Chevy S10 truck (that we own because it runs on compressed natural gas.) Bill decided to visualize calling our local car repair shop and having them say, "We have one of those in stock. Bring it on in and we'll install it for you." He first thought of calling the place we'd used before to replace our windshield - just 45 miles away. But then, as he looked through the local paper he saw an ad for a place he'd never noticed before that was only 15 miles away. He called both places. The one we knew about said they'd have to order it in and it would take three days to get it. And yep, the place we'd never heard of, said, "We have one in stock. Bring it in today and we'll install it for you."
    Then Bill was using our backhoe to level out some spots in our driveway and it stopped working right at the end of our driveway so we couldn't get in or out (and it's a looooonnnng country driveway) plus we needed to get to the post office 5 miles away every day to drop off packages for our internet business. Bill tried a half dozen things but nothing worked and it was getting dark. He tried visualizing doing one more thing, imagining his gratitude, turning the key and having it start right up. Which it did. Hurray!

Margaret - I chose something simple. A cobalt blue vase filled with yellow daffodils on my dining room table. It's been a long winter and they weren't blooming yet. I chose visualizing and being grateful for them appearing the next day. Bill said, "You're going to have them next week when they bloom." I said, "Yes but I will be happiest if I have them now and they come as a surprise!" But they didn't come until the next week when they bloomed as expected. To be honest, I don't think I was all that committed to the idea of them. I had more of a "it would be nice but it's not necessary" attitude. I think you have to care. For example I cared in this next story.
    I got pulled over for turning right on a red when the sign clearly said, according to the officer, that there was no right turn on red. In fact, he pointed out, it wasn't much of a stop either. I had no excuse. I had actually seen the sign but then sort of spaced it as I rolled on through after a minimal stop. So, I said, "I am so sorry. I have no excuse." "Were you in a hurry," he asked. "Nope. I really have no excuse. I really am sorry." Off he went with my license and registration. And I sat and visualized him coming back and saying, "I"m just going to give you a warning but ..." Sure enough that's exactly what he said as he handed me the warning paper. yay! I still have a ticket free license! Now that I cared about.
    Last edited by BillandMargaret; 04-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillandMargaret View Post
    My husband Bill and I are doing this together but since he's a two finger typist and I'm a former computer programmer (lots and lots of typing) I'll do the posting for us both.
    Bill's midterm - planned and unplanned.
    Since we live in the middle of nowhere USA, getting products can be a problem. The nearest small city is 50 miles away and the grocery store is 20 miles away. We had a cracked windshield on an older Chevy S10 truck (that we own because it runs on compressed natural gas.) Bill decided to visualize calling our local car repair shop and having them say, "We have one of those in stock. Bring it on in and we'll install it for you." He first thought of calling the place we'd used before to replace our windshield - just 45 miles away. But then, as he looked through the local paper he saw an ad for a place he'd never noticed before that was only 15 miles away. He called both places. The one we knew about said they'd have to order it in and it would take three days to get it. And yep, the place we'd never heard of, said, "We have one in stock. Bring it in today and we'll install it for you."
    Then Bill was using our backhoe to level out some spots in our driveway and it stopped working right at the end of our driveway so we couldn't get in or out (and it's a looooonnnng country driveway) plus we needed to get to the post office 5 miles away every day to drop off packages for our internet business. Bill tried a half dozen things but nothing worked and it was getting dark. He tried visualizing doing one more thing, imagining his gratitude, turning the key and having it start right up. Which it did. Hurray!

Margaret - I chose something simple. A cobalt blue vase filled with yellow daffodils on my dining room table. It's been a long winter and they weren't blooming yet. I chose visualizing and being grateful for them appearing the next day. Bill said, "You're going to have them next week when they bloom." I said, "Yes but I will be happiest if I have them now and they come as a surprise!" But they didn't come until the next week when they bloomed as expected. To be honest, I don't think I was all that committed to the idea of them. I had more of a "it would be nice but it's not necessary" attitude. I think you have to care. For example I cared in this next story.
    I got pulled over for turning right on a red when the sign clearly said, according to the officer, that there was no right turn on red. In fact, he pointed out, it wasn't much of a stop either. I had no excuse. I had actually seen the sign but then sort of spaced it as I rolled on through after a minimal stop. So, I said, "I am so sorry. I have no excuse." "Were you in a hurry," he asked. "Nope. I really have no excuse. I really am sorry." Off he went with my license and registration. And I sat and visualized him coming back and saying, "I"m just going to give you a warning but ..." Sure enough that's exactly what he said as he handed me the warning paper. yay! I still have a ticket free license! Now that I cared about.
    BillandMargaret, I LOVED your stories! Fantastic. Both are perfect examples of how this can work; thank you for sharing! And I'm also grateful that you shared the daffodil experience... I think it will help bring clarity for some people who are still trying to find that right "groove".

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynbarney View Post
    I sent my little boy downstairs to get a book we needed for his Language Arts lesson (I am homeschooling him). He came back frustrated, saying he couldn't find it. So I went downstairs to look. It was not on the shelf where it belongs. I went through every shelf of homeschool books we have to no avail. I went through them again, a little more slowly. Still I couldn't find it. But I had seen it just a few days prior! I felt myself starting to get agitated, so I took a breath, remembering what I have learned. I closed my eyes and visualized the book in my hands. The funny thing is that I only visualized it for about 10 seconds. It was hardly my best effort. I opened my eyes and started to go through the books on the shelf again. My eyes - almost by themselves - looked upward to the top of the shelf. There was a pile of books there, and for some reason, I lifted them. The book I was looking for was at the bottom of the stack, hiding under the others. I never would have thought to look there.
    Bingo. That's how it works, and how easy it can be! Way to go! Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful232 View Post
    As I was working on this midterm. My son got in trouble at school. I was at a stand still all other things I have tried with him never work. So my husband and I were looking every where for any new way we could find with how we could better help our son. After attempting to talk to him and getting no where, we all went to bed. This morning after everyone left for the day I got online to look at some of the forums to see what other people had done, wondering if I should do something new. I found out about Accountability Concept. So I than realized that I had finished my midterm. I was way more emotional about my son than I was about I was less emotional about.
    Hello Hopeful232! Thank you for sharing your experience... can you clarify what you meant in your last sentence?

(PS. I have really been impressed with Accountability Concepts, too!)

Leslie

Smile Halleluja, it works!

So, I've had quite a personal journey on the road to mid-term success.

I started by doing exactly the opposite of what Leslie recommends - I made my goal to manifest $500, even though the main reason I'm taking this course is I've been one of those, "no matter how much I make, I'm always broke" kinds of people. After two weeks without success, I became despondent, and then I e-mailed Leslie directly. She said, yes, I probably went where I shouldn't have, yet, and recommended a new goal.

I was stumped for awhile, but the stories on here where nature is involved touched me. I've always had an affinity for birds, and I've always loved the wild birds local to my area. Nothing really special by many people's standards - robins, cardinals, sparrows, starlings; the usual for the Eastern United States - but they've always fascinated me. I've also had dreams where birds of all kinds have come and landed on my shoulders or arms. I've always wanted that to happen in real life, so I made that my goal: to have a wild bird (preferably a robin but I'll take any of them) approach me "this week" (that part is key). I got excited just by the thought of it, and actually feeling a bird land on me in my mind was so thrilling!

I set my goal on a Thursday, and when Saturday came and went, I started to get doubtful, again. In conjunction with some of the other issues I've been dealing with, I began to wonder if this program was even worth it, but I decided to carry on. I reminded myself that I did say "this week," and, technically, seven days had not passed yet. I imagined my goal, yet again, and kept on believing. Monday came and went, as did Tuesday. By Wednesday, I was really starting to feel bad again, but then a voice in my head said, "how long have you actually spent outside, sitting still? You can't expect a bird to come when you're inside!" Point taken. We've been having beautiful September weather, and I decided on Thursday to go out for lunch. As I ate, my goal came to me, and I decided to go to a small local park on my way back to my office to sit and wait for a bird.

I got there and immediately noticed that the yard across the street from the park was teeming with sparrows. I'd wanted a robin, but I also didn't want to be picky - if I got a sparrow, so be it. I sat down on a bench and looked up at the clear, blue sky and saw what looked like an eagle soaring way off in the distance. I got as still as I could, imagining a bird landing on my shoulder, and fighting off the thoughts of "the birds are all over there and none of them are robins." At one point a fly landed on my hand and I swatted at it, and then immediately chastised myself for not staying still. Presently, I started to see and hear other birds flying around and going into the trees behind my bench - doves, cardinals and more sparrows, of course. Then, as I sat, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark bird walking cautiously on the ground to my right. It looked like a catbird - one of my favorites for their precociousness - and I fought to keep still and not turn my head to look. And then, just as it started to get comfortable next to me, ANOTHER catbird flew up and landed right on my left leg! I was so excited by it that I turned my head to look and it fluttered away, startled. It finally happened, though, and exactly a week after I set my goal!! I was overjoyed! I walked back to my office with my head held high and my eyes full of tears. I kept saying "praise God from whom all blessings flow!" over and over to myself.

The crazy thing about this story is that doesn't really end here. Over the next few hours, I saw the forces of negativity try to steal this joy away from me, and I saw how powerful the laws REALLY are. I got back to my office with the odd feeling that I'd hear from my wife with the news that we had gotten the $500 that was my original goal. I sat down to post my story on here, and I was not allowed to by a glitch in the system. I e-mailed Leslie and she replied back saying she'd get it fixed for me. In the meantime, I did get a call from my wife - with the news that her car had broken down some 20 miles from home! Her car had been making a noise for awhile, and we kept putting off having it looked at (due to money fears!) and it finally just gave out. She called AAA, and was working on finding a friend to pick her and our son up, and I sat down and did my best to envision the repairs coming out to less than $50. I worked hard on that vision, but when I got home from work, she told me that the place she had her car towed to charges $120 just to look at it! Well, there went the under $50! So, I then went with the repairs being less than $300. I even wrote it out with all grateful intentions. When the garage called, it turned out it was going to cost over $1000! We tried to bargain with them over what parts were necessary and what were not, so that maybe we could get the car out and to a trusted friend for the rest of the repairs, but they stood their ground. I had just gotten paid, so we have $1000, but not alot more than that at this point, because we're leaving on a trip next week, and we need money for that, plus our bills. As we sat and discussed our situation, my wife reminded me of something: we had gotten a bunch of money as gifts for our son's baptism, and our plan was to open a savings account for him with it. She said that having a working car to drive him around in was a necessity as well, and we'd have plenty of other opportunities for him to get money as gifts. I was hesitant at first, but then I agreed. We counted it up, and it turned out to be just over $500! It paid for half the car repair, and, as my wife pointed out, I manifested the $500, after all!

I'm looking forward to moving on in this course and manifesting bigger and better. I have pretty lofty goals, but I know we can do it!

-Tim T

PS, thanks Leslie for all your support!

Default Midterm-lost and found

I honestly was going to wait to post because I wanted something cooler to write about. But this experience was an excellent example of how simple it truly is. We were going to drop off my sister an hour away so my husband asked me to read a lesson out loud to him that he had to give the next day. We got all loaded up and I checked my purse for my glasses. They were not there. I had to run back inside to look for them. I looked in all the usual areas. I stopped and realized that this would be a great opportunity to visualize them. I started with a prayer, thought about holding the glasses in my hands and even acted like I was putting them on again. I thought about how happy I would be to find them. I then looked in the same areas again and then searched around. My family was all in the car waiting for me. I rejected the idea of being rushed and frustrated. I was very calm and felt assured that I would find them. I thought I spotted them on the bookshelf. There were glasses there but they were not mine. I put them on and even though they were not my prescription, I could see a little bit more clearly. I thought that would be good enough and started walking towards the garage. I took one glance into a basket in the kitchen in a basket that holds my keys and phones and there it was! I immediately said a quick prayer of gratitude. So simple and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by advigil1223 View Post
    I honestly was going to wait to post because I wanted something cooler to write about. But this experience was an excellent example of how simple it truly is. We were going to drop off my sister an hour away so my husband asked me to read a lesson out loud to him that he had to give the next day. We got all loaded up and I checked my purse for my glasses. They were not there. I had to run back inside to look for them. I looked in all the usual areas. I stopped and realized that this would be a great opportunity to visualize them. I started with a prayer, thought about holding the glasses in my hands and even acted like I was putting them on again. I thought about how happy I would be to find them. I then looked in the same areas again and then searched around. My family was all in the car waiting for me. I rejected the idea of being rushed and frustrated. I was very calm and felt assured that I would find them. I thought I spotted them on the bookshelf. There were glasses there but they were not mine. I put them on and even though they were not my prescription, I could see a little bit more clearly. I thought that would be good enough and started walking towards the garage. I took one glance into a basket in the kitchen in a basket that holds my keys and phones and there it was! I immediately said a quick prayer of gratitude. So simple and it worked!
    Again, such a GREAT example of how powerful it can be to choose gratitude when things aren't exactly perfect. Wonderful work, advigil!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvtino View Post

I started by doing exactly the opposite of what Leslie recommends - I made my goal to manifest $500, even though the main reason I'm taking this course is I've been one of those, "no matter how much I make, I'm always broke" kinds of people. After two weeks without success, I became despondent, and then I e-mailed Leslie directly. She said, yes, I probably went where I shouldn't have, yet, and recommended a new goal.

I was stumped for awhile, but the stories on here where nature is involved touched me. I've always had an affinity for birds, and I've always loved the wild birds local to my area. Nothing really special by many people's standards - robins, cardinals, sparrows, starlings; the usual for the Eastern United States - but they've always fascinated me. I've also had dreams where birds of all kinds have come and landed on my shoulders or arms. I've always wanted that to happen in real life, so I made that my goal: to have a wild bird (preferably a robin but I'll take any of them) approach me "this week" (that part is key). I got excited just by the thought of it, and actually feeling a bird land on me in my mind was so thrilling!

I set my goal on a Thursday, and when Saturday came and went, I started to get doubtful, again. In conjunction with some of the other issues I've been dealing with, I began to wonder if this program was even worth it, but I decided to carry on. I reminded myself that I did say "this week," and, technically, seven days had not passed yet. I imagined my goal, yet again, and kept on believing. Monday came and went, as did Tuesday. By Wednesday, I was really starting to feel bad again, but then a voice in my head said, "how long have you actually spent outside, sitting still? You can't expect a bird to come when you're inside!" Point taken. We've been having beautiful September weather, and I decided on Thursday to go out for lunch. As I ate, my goal came to me, and I decided to go to a small local park on my way back to my office to sit and wait for a bird.

I got there and immediately noticed that the yard across the street from the park was teeming with sparrows. I'd wanted a robin, but I also didn't want to be picky - if I got a sparrow, so be it. I sat down on a bench and looked up at the clear, blue sky and saw what looked like an eagle soaring way off in the distance. I got as still as I could, imagining a bird landing on my shoulder, and fighting off the thoughts of "the birds are all over there and none of them are robins." At one point a fly landed on my hand and I swatted at it, and then immediately chastised myself for not staying still. Presently, I started to see and hear other birds flying around and going into the trees behind my bench - doves, cardinals and more sparrows, of course. Then, as I sat, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dark bird walking cautiously on the ground to my right. It looked like a catbird - one of my favorites for their precociousness - and I fought to keep still and not turn my head to look. And then, just as it started to get comfortable next to me, ANOTHER catbird flew up and landed right on my left leg! I was so excited by it that I turned my head to look and it fluttered away, startled. It finally happened, though, and exactly a week after I set my goal!! I was overjoyed! I walked back to my office with my head held high and my eyes full of tears. I kept saying "praise God from whom all blessings flow!" over and over to myself.

The crazy thing about this story is that doesn't really end here. Over the next few hours, I saw the forces of negativity try to steal this joy away from me, and I saw how powerful the laws REALLY are. I got back to my office with the odd feeling that I'd hear from my wife with the news that we had gotten the $500 that was my original goal. I sat down to post my story on here, and I was not allowed to by a glitch in the system. I e-mailed Leslie and she replied back saying she'd get it fixed for me. In the meantime, I did get a call from my wife - with the news that her car had broken down some 20 miles from home! Her car had been making a noise for awhile, and we kept putting off having it looked at (due to money fears!) and it finally just gave out. She called AAA, and was working on finding a friend to pick her and our son up, and I sat down and did my best to envision the repairs coming out to less than $50. I worked hard on that vision, but when I got home from work, she told me that the place she had her car towed to charges $120 just to look at it! Well, there went the under $50! So, I then went with the repairs being less than $300. I even wrote it out with all grateful intentions. When the garage called, it turned out it was going to cost over $1000! We tried to bargain with them over what parts were necessary and what were not, so that maybe we could get the car out and to a trusted friend for the rest of the repairs, but they stood their ground. I had just gotten paid, so we have $1000, but not alot more than that at this point, because we're leaving on a trip next week, and we need money for that, plus our bills. As we sat and discussed our situation, my wife reminded me of something: we had gotten a bunch of money as gifts for our son's baptism, and our plan was to open a savings account for him with it. She said that having a working car to drive him around in was a necessity as well, and we'd have plenty of other opportunities for him to get money as gifts. I was hesitant at first, but then I agreed. We counted it up, and it turned out to be just over $500! It paid for half the car repair, and, as my wife pointed out, I manifested the $500, after all!

I'm looking forward to moving on in this course and manifesting bigger and better. I have pretty lofty goals, but I know we can do it!

-Tim T

Tim, I am grateful to finally have a chance to respond to your story. This is a FANTASTIC example of how it works!!! You showed gratitude in the face of disappointment, and paid attention to the subtle nudges. Thank you for taking the time to share!

This is also a really interesting case in why I have shifted the way I feel about setting money goals. How many times have I set a money goal, and the money comes, but so also do a bunch of unexpected, new financial obligations. So now, when I need money, I try instead to focus on and visualize the end result for WHY I need the money. For example, what it is that I will be doing with the money, seeing THAT done instead of seeing the money come.

Great work, Tim!!

Quote Originally Posted by tvtino View Post

-Tim T

Please don't give up. I still remember moving from the little stuff to bigger stuff. I could manifest tomatoes, and lost items, and the like. I'd had quite an awful year in real estate in a tiny little frontier type town. And I realized on a walk one morning that with what I had in my lineup, I COULD have a $100,000 year. But, I figured if I started there, it wasn't congruent or believable to me. So, I decided to try having one month equal my average year (to that point, very part time). I wanted to have a $10,000 month. I put it where I could see it, and hundreds of times a day I was affirming that. After a couple of months, I got pretty frustrated and disappointed. But I had a serious talk with myself. "If it takes you 6 months of doing this every day, would it be worth it? YES. 12 months. YES. So, just keep going." And I did. Optimistically hoping. A couple months later, 3 deals lined up just right and over the next 2 months, they closed within 3 weeks of each other, and I had a $10,000 month. I've since had a $30,000 month. And a $10,000 day! That was really setup, and part of it fell through, but it helped me know, I can have what I want, if I believe, reach out positively for it, keep going, and expect that it will happen eventually. Love it! Congrats to you.

Smile Lost iPad & parking spaces

For my midterm assignment I decided I was going to find our family iPad that has been lost for a couple of months. I searched the entire house for it a week or two ago and had no luck. I started by telling my husband I was going to find it. I closed my eyes, said a prayer and then pictured myself holding the iPad in my hands. I felt the soft suede cover, I saw the details of it, I felt the coldness and hardness in my hands. I opened the cover and pressed the button and saw that the battery was dead. I felt the excitement and gratefulness that I had found it. I pictured myself coming back into my bedroom, and showing my husband that I had found it.

When I opened my eyes, I felt like I needed to look in my oldest son's room. I went in, looked in a couple of places and then my kids followed me in the room to see what I was doing. I exclaimed with excitement that I was going to find the lost iPad and that I was super excited. Immediately I had an impression and said to my son: "you know where it is! You need to show me where it is right now!" I was happy and excited, not upset in any way. He had a look on his face that told me he did, in fact, know where it was. He took me to the living room and proceeded to look under the sections of our big sectional that I had previously already searched under a couple of weeks before. After a couple of minutes, there was the iPad! I opened the cover and pressed the button to find the battery was indeed dead I took it in my room and showed my husband! It was awesome. (I promptly reminded our son of our iPad rules).

Soon afterward, my husband and I were supposed to go and meet some family members for dinner at a restaurant. I pictured the parking space I wanted right in front of the building. Wen we got there, the parking space was there. My husband ended up feeling sick and I had to run him back home and then return to the restaurant. I again pictured the parking space in front and when I got back, there was the parking space I wanted, waiting for me! Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Tim, I am grateful to finally have a chance to respond to your story. This is a FANTASTIC example of how it works!!! You showed gratitude in the face of disappointment, and paid attention to the subtle nudges. Thank you for taking the time to share!

This is also a really interesting case in why I have shifted the way I feel about setting money goals. How many times have I set a money goal, and the money comes, but so also do a bunch of unexpected, new financial obligations. So now, when I need money, I try instead to focus on and visualize the end result for WHY I need the money. For example, what it is that I will be doing with the money, seeing THAT done instead of seeing the money come.

Great work, Tim!!
    Thanks, Leslie! I've been on a break as my wife and I went on a trip last week, but I'm back and back to the course!

An even cooler thing just happened, too: I'm doing the course on my own - my wife is supportive, but not actually doing the course with me. Anyway, the trip we just got back from was to a conference for her, as she's about to start working part-time again (she's a massage therapist) after the birth of our son. She told me over dinner one night while we were away that when we got back, she wanted to call a massage therapist she had gotten a massage from to see if she would take her on with a fee-split arrangement (instead of a monthly space-rental fee). The day after we got home, I checked our home-phone voicemail and there was a message from that lady, offering my wife a space! It's even working in aspects of my wife's career!

Thanks, Dawn! It's good to hear others' stories and know that anything is possible!

Two years ago when my husband got his cell phone, we bought a small package of screen protectors. A couple of weeks ago, he removed his scratched-up screen protector and mentioned he needed to find the unused ones. I decided I would use what I've learned here to find them. Then the midterm assignment came up. Perfect! I closed my eyes and thought about the screen protectors. Their size, how they feel, their protective layers, the plastic sleeve they came in, and how happy and thankful I would feel when I found them after they'd been missing for so long. I calmly searched the file box I had checked before a couple of times, but more thoroughly this time. Then I looked in some older file folders that used to be in the file box. Then I looked in a couple of places in the closet, and all the desk drawers, staying calm and confident the whole time, but not finding them. So I stopped and sat down, and closed my eyes again and as I tried to imagine them in my hands, they faded away. And I had the thought that maybe they were accidentally thrown away. I didn't have time to look anymore, so I stopped looking... and I still haven't found them. I had a fleeting thought that instead, I should look for my baby's fingernail clippers, since I KNEW they had to be somewhere nearby (but had been lost for a few weeks). But it was really late at night, and we were going out of town for the weekend, so I set the thought aside. This week has been really challenging for me, and I've been feeling discouraged that I couldn't move on in the course until I completed the midterm (and still hadn't found the screen protectors). It wasn't hard to imagine holding the nail clippers in my hand, since I've held them so many times before. I didn't put a lot of emotion into how happy I would be to find them, but instead how glad I would be to be able to continue on in the course! Yesterday morning, I decided to clean out the junk drawer to see if the screen protectors had somehow made their way into there, and as I opened it up, there in front were the nail clippers. I open that drawer every day at least once, but hadn't opened it to look for the clippers recently. And yet, there they were!

This morning, before I wrote about my experience above, I received an email notice that I had incurred an insufficient-funds fee in my checking account. Normally, those notices put a pit in my stomach and I panic. But since I've been trying to remain calm and confident with all things money-related, I paused, stayed calm, and looked into it. Turns out one of the bills I paid last week didn't post to my account for 6 days, but I didn't realize that money had not been withdrawn, so I thought I had enough money to cover the other bills that went through on Monday and Tuesday. As soon as I was able, I drove to the ATM and deposited the grocery money my husband gave me yesterday, to cover the difference. I did all of this while imagining myself calling their service line, explaining the situation, asking them to waive the fee, and having them graciously agree to do so. I felt mostly confident about it happening, but knowing they waived a fee some time ago for a similar incident, there was a tiny bit of doubt in my mind. Still, I tried to focus on how I would feel once the fee was reversed. After I deposited the money, I sat in my car and called the service line. The lady was very nice, but told me that because they waived a fee 5 months ago, she could not waive it for me again. I listened calmly then as I said "I understand, thank you", I choked up and couldn't say another word, and finally ended the call. $25 gone. Only $30 left to buy groceries (out of the $100+ I thought I had). Tears fell as I drove away, trying to express gratitude for the money I still had, hoping that someday soon, I will be fee-free forever. Less than two minutes passed before my phone rang and it was the credit union. I answered, but the line was dead, so I put down my phone, and then saw the voice mail notice. It was the lady I'd spoken with, letting me know she had talked with her supervisor and the fee had been waived, and she hoped that would help me have a better day. The tears resumed and my heart was again filled with thanks. I called her back and choked my way through the conversation, explaining our situation and letting her know she changed my world today, thanking her profusely.

Gratitude. Gratitude to God reaps blessings that cannot be numbered.

Default Midterm Miracles

This has been an interesting week! (Powerful, full of surprises, lots of learning and full of miracles!) I have to back up just a little to make it all make sense, so please bear with me.
    On Monday, I was fighting a cold. Tuesday I really didn't feel well, and that's the day I decided to do my midterm project. My first fleeting thought was that I wanted to receive $500, but I figured I should start with something smaller than that. So I thought of what would help me right then. I wanted fresh, homemade vegetable soup. I knew it would make me feel better. So I pictured myself eating the soup. I could feel the steam coming off of it, I could smell it (my mouth was watering), and I could imagine myself eating it-biting into the big chunks of vegetables. An amazing thing happened. I felt better just after eating my imaginary soup! Like, a lot better. So I waited, expecting my soup to show up, or the ingredients so I could make it, or the money so we could buy the ingredients. I was going to get my soup! Well Tuesday came and went...no soup. I was a little disheartened, thinking I hadn't even been able to create a bowl of soup in my life, but I decided I was just going to keep trying. Perhaps, (I thought) I hadn't learned something well enough, so I went and read the lesson again. On my 3rd time through it, I was hit with a powerful truth that related to something spiritual I have been studying and learning about. What an amazing lesson to be learned there! I was grateful I hadn't yet received my soup, because it had caused me to go back and study some more and have a priceless learning experience.
    Wednesday I felt much better, but I still was holding on to my thoughts of receiving my soup. The $500 would bounce back into my mind occasionally, but I hung on stubbornly to the thoughts of my soup-that was what I had chosen for my midterm success! Well I was on a call with several friends that night, and we were all sharing our goals, dreams and visions that we wanted to bring about in our lives. One friend wanted a new mattress, another shared her vision of living in New Zealand. I shared my vision of my soup, and my larger vision of obtaining financial freedom for my family. Well, I learned something that night too. When I shared my vision, I shared what would happen for my husband and this new job I had wanted for him and how that would bless our family. When you say something that isn't Truth (it was a belief I had in my mind, but it wasn't Truth from God), your spirit, conscience, however you choose to refer to it, feels...off. As I went for my walk that night (which is when I often receive my inspiration and guidance from Heavenly Father) I learned another lesson and received another piece of Truth. I cannot create a vision that would violate someone else's free agency. It was my vision, but not my husband's. I was violating the law of agency! While he wanted similar things, the path to getting there that I was seeing was not the one he wanted. I immediately repented of this and changed my vision.
    Thursday came and I still had not received my soup, but I was okay. I knew I was receiving what I needed to through this exercise. That night, a friend and I went to visit some other ladies, and when she picked me up, she asked how I was. I had just put dinner on the table for my family, and because things were tight with food and money (our bank account was empty), it was less than what I usually made, knowing I would be out of what I needed if I wasn't very conservative and creative for a couple of days. My daughter had said the prayer for dinner and prayed that it would be "enough". As a mother, that was hard to hear, but I also knew it would be enough and that we would be fine. I chose to not assign negative emotion to it, and I recognized it as something that just was. I shared that all with my friend. That night, after we had tucked our kids into bed and my husband went back to his home office to work some more, my friend came to my home with the equivalent of 10 bags of groceries. She was the only person in the entire county that I would have confided to that we had no money in our bank account, and because I did, she desired to help me. It was as if Heavenly Father was saying, "I'm giving you so much more than vegetables."
    So while I did not receive my soup, I received all the benefits of it and SO much more! Oh, and you know the $500 I had thought of fleetingly? I have a friend that told me she sent me a gift...of $500, and it will be here tomorrow! Sometimes I get to remember that God wants bigger things for me than even I think of for myself, so I need to let His guidance guide my vision and thoughts and I will create a life FILLED with abundance and prosperity!

Default My midterm experience

I knew that this midterm project was coming before I did lesson twelve, and was having a hard time thinking of any small project to to do the "test" on. I am well organized, so it's rare to lose something, and it seemed like all the things that I want to apply the FTMF course principles to are big deals. But yesterday I arrived at that place in lesson twelve where I really need to commit to some sort of small project. Straining my brain, I was ready to make the small project about "finding a small project to do"!

But then I thought better and began to relax. I needed to run errands in town in the afternoon, so I thought about something I would be able to see during that time. Being inspired by seeing a soaring hawk nearby was the first thing that popped into my head. Now we live in a fairly rural area, but this time of year it is somewhat unlikely to see much wildlife (November). And the hawks that are around are usually conserving energy and just sitting on a vantage point waiting for food to appear. Anyway, I worked on feeling my emotion as I witnessed the hawk in all of its glory.

As I was driving out of our neighborhood I had my eyes peeled anticipating the hawk. The closer I got to the city, the less likely it would be to find a hawk. I got through the neighborhood, but no hawk. Then I started on the highway - no hawk yet. Just about to the freeway area, while thinking more about my driving now, I just happened to glance across the road and up on the hill - there it was! A beautiful hawk making a soaring turn just above some trees in all its glory. Evidently there was a raven nearby that was harassing it - that's probably why it was flying. Mission accomplished! But there's more to the story….

My main stop was at the local food coop to pickup something for a Thanksgiving dessert, and a few other miscellaneous things. It's a very small store, so I should be able to find everything that I'm looking for. One of the things on my list was cannellini beans, which I have been trying to buy from Whole Foods for several weeks but they have been out of stock. I had actually bought a can at this coop a while back, so I knew that they carried them. But for the life of me I couldn't find the bean section here at the coop! I combed up and down the three aisles of the store several times before I stopped and remembered that this could work as part of my FTMF small project. So I closed my eyes and felt how happy I was to reach for the can of beans and put it in my basket. I opened my eyes, turned towards the shelves of dry goods, and within a 3 second scan, there they were! If they had been a snake I would have been bitten! They were stocked unexpectedly next to the chips.

It's kind of like magic - I'm going to be doing more of these tests! Linda

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567