Do you have any suggestions for me?

Forums General Rare Faith Forum (public) General Questions/Answers Do you have any suggestions for me?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Student 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Student
    Participant

email to Leslie 11/27/07:

Dear Ms. Householder,

I’m sorry to trouble you with my troubles, but I’m looking for a miracle, and don’t know who else to ask. I read the Jack Rabbit Factor, and two quotes are haunting me:

“There is no obstacle so great that there is not also a way prepared for me to succeed.”
    “The fact of the matter is that using our minds to try to force things or people to do stuff is in violation of basic universal law.”

I believe both of those statements. But together, they put me in a bind.

You see, I’m in the midst of divorce. My wife started proceedings over a year ago. For that entire time, I’ve tried everything I could think of to save our marriage, to no avail. She intends to take our two children, and move [out of state, to] where her mother and siblings live. Our children are devastated. [My wife] won’t even discuss reconciliation, in fact, she won’t even tell me what this is about. Every time I’ve asked, the answer is different, with various petty complaints (I spend too much time at the office, I didn’t mow the lawn nine years ago, lots of others). Mostly, she just says she’s unhappy, and wants to “move on.”

The divorce will probably be final within the next week. I very much want to bring us back together, but I don’t know where to turn. I’ve prayed more times than I can count. I’ve tried every “stop divorce” or marriage saving system on the internet. Nothing has helped.

So I’m here now. Do you have any suggestions for me?

In any case, thanks for your time, and for your beautiful book.

Anon

• Author
    Replies

Student
    Participant

Dear Ms. Householder,

First, thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. I cannot express how much your wise and kind words touched me, nor my gratitude…

I’ve bought dozens of self-help books in the last year, and one of the mailing lists led me to purchase “Jack Rabbit Factor” from Amazon. After reading it, when I first wrote to you, truthfully, I didn’t even expect a reply. Or at most, an offer of sales. I certainly did not expect a gift! I’m hoping that the Lord led me to you.

I’m afraid I’m a rather slow reader but I’m already into the lessons, and devouring every word. I’m also visualizing my family just as you suggested, and I continue to pray… thank you so very much. You truly touched my heart.

Student
    Participant

email response from Leslie 11/27/07:

Dear Anon,

I realize that most of my material is centered around financial hardships but the principles that help are applicable in any kind of situation. At this point, with the divorce nearly final, I have two suggestions:

1) See your family in tact. See the four of you living a happy life. See it done in your mind’s eye, and enjoy the daydream. Kick aside any feelings or visions of defeat or despair… just enjoy the daydream, and be still. You’re not forcing your will on her, you’re not picturing her doing or saying anything in particular, you’re just seeing a happy family. She may decide to go through with it, but it is your job to relax, let her make her choices, and put yourself right by letting go and being at peace. Emotionally, let her go… set her free, so that if she decides to stay, she will do it because something in her heart changed to help her want it, not because she was talked into it or guilted into it, or anything else. This is bigger than you, and so if she stays it will because something bigger than you softened her heart. At least you will be able to say that you did your part for the entire last week. See it the way you want it with peace in your heart that God will handle it and will carry you through whatever he wants you to endure.
    2) Read [your] copy of Hidden Treasures …and apply what it teaches to your situation. If it helps, then write me back and I’ll point you to a third idea that may help you further be at peace… which is how you want to be no matter what. Through all this she may sense something has changed with you… if the door is still ajar at all, she’ll pick up on it. It won’t be anything you say or do, it will be how you ARE, and she may not even be able to put her finger on what changed. Again, it is still ultimately her choice. But at least you will be doing all you can do… you can’t expect anything more of yourself than this. And maybe a light will go on in your own mind as to why this has happened, and give you opportunity to acknowlege it and make it right.

Start with the book. It will help you do step 1.

I wish you the best, my prayers are with your family.

Leslie Householder

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.