Favorite moments in Jackrabbit Factor

Forums General Rare Faith Forum (public) About the Books Favorite moments in Jackrabbit Factor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  corinne.s 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Leslie
    Keymaster

What was your favorite part of the Jackrabbit Factor story? Why?

• Author
    Replies

corinne.s
    Participant

hi all,

my name is corinne and what i love most about the jrf is ABUNDANCE FOR ALL!
    for me personally it is very easy to believe so since i've FELT rich all of my life. right now i love the part of going thru the terror barrier. i'm going thru it for months right now ( read the book and follow the family course since 1 month), but i know absolutely sure that things will work out for me.
    after reading the book i realize i was and am always the one chasing after rabbits, for sure the book helps me strengthen my strong beliefs that we can all follow and fulfill our God-given dreams.

have a great day!
    corinne

emailedtoLeslie
    Participant

Hey Genius –

My gosh, your book was amazing! I always appreciate “clever” and my gosh it was clever. I loved every detail from the sacks of sandwiches to the very clever names of the people Richard met along the way. There were points in your book when I stopped stunned – it was as if you were speaking directly to me – most startling was when the mom puts down the child to go find another sandwich and that child becomes another woman’s lunchbag – OH MY GOSH, you are so right. Quite a profound statement! As a stay-at-home mom for 9 years that really made me think (and think…and think…).

I loved when the couple had the rabbits following them and they had plenty to give away. I loved the general idea of abundance – there is enough for everyone. You have to get off the regular path…try new things…WOW!!

AlisaH
    Participant

When I first read Jackrabbit Factor two years ago, I laughed hysterically when the man was chasing after a jackrabbit that he couldn't see - he was just imitating the dog! I have been that person trying to imitate other people. In business and weight loss, I had just been looking for someone who had been successful who I could copy! Now that I am on my own path, I am learning so much and I am really enjoying the journey! I am learning to make my goals more vivid so I can more easily puruse them.

I think an allegory was a perfect way to share these principles. Because picturing that man running around like a crazy dog really made an impression on me as to how ridiculous is really is to try to do things the exact same way someone else has been successful!

I have two sons, ages 12 and 7. They are learning to do the Rubik's Cube. My 12-year-old son has finally figured out how to do one side (which is all I have ever been able to do). A couple of weeks ago my 7-year-old son asked me to get one side, and as he was watching me I realized that he was trying to memorize every move I made so he could copy it. Eventually there were too many moves and he gave up. My 12-year-old son learned the principle and was able to do it for himself. My 7-year-old son never would have been successful if he had copied all my moves because the Rubik's Cube is scrambled differently every time.

We are all "scrambled" differently from each other so the exact same moves are not needed for each person. In fact, because we are always either progressing or digressing, I'm "scrambled" differently this month than I was last month. That voice of inspiration is a wonderful guide!

MelanieV
    Participant

I first read "The Jackrabbit Factor" two years ago and, at the time, it was my story, so I was very interested in what Felicity needed to learn. When I read the quote "When I have a choice, I choose to believe," it made an immediate impact in my life. That phrase became my mantra, and I was able to make some major life changes in a short period of time.

Recently, I've been feeling stuck again and rereading this book has brought more clarity to me. I love Richard's conversation with his father, especially when his father tells him that the voice of inspiration will come to you AFTER you have a clear picture in your mind of what you are seeking and AFTER you allow yourself to feel truly grateful, as though you already enjoy the success (p. 46).

I also enjoy reading your "Points to Ponder" towards the end. It's a good review for me and you give good action steps to take.

I love this book and I'm grateful to you, Leslie, for writing it and sharing these concepts and ideas. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.