I found it ... now I'm making it real

Forums Mindset Mastery Program Participants Finding and Living Your Soul Purpose I found it ... now I'm making it real

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tvtino 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

dorothy23
    Participant

I used to dread going for job interviews! Every interview I ever went to included the question "So where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?" That always panicked me because I simply didn't know the answer to that. And besides, it was always changing as I found the "new best thing in my life". Sadly, that is indicative of a lot of people's lives ... we simply don't know what we want to be doing in 5 years time.

When my 19 year old son came to me at the tender age of 17 and told me music was his passion and that he knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life and exactly what he was going to do to achieve it, I felt this sharp pang of envy. Not my most admirable thought but there you are. Why? Because my son knew where he was going and how he was going to get there after 17 years on this planet and at the ripe old age of 39 I had absolutely no clue. How shaming it was to me. I had wasted years on chasing the next best thing in my life never taking the time to just sit quietly and give it some heartfelt thought. I always imagined that one day, in a blaze of glory and much fanfare, I would know exactly what my soul purpose was.

LOL! Not so. I have, in the past 3 months given much thought to this. And each time I sat and thought about what exactly it was I was put on this earth to do I would come up blank. I would think back to a seminar I had been to where I was told repeated over an hour & a half that it is imperative to love what you do, and do what you love or I would never be truly happy. Not much help if I can't figure out what it is that I love to do, is it?

And then, one day, it quietly crept into my mind. It did so, so quietly, that I almost missed it! Where was my fanfare, my blaze of glory? Where were the trumpets and streamers announcing my soul purpose. I felt cheated! Well almost 😀

So that is it, huh? Well, thank you Universe. I am grateful to you for your guidence. But that was the lesson all along, wasn't it? When you are able to be present in your own life, and you are grateful for your life as is, warts and all, that is when you will find that quiet place in your soul that will talk to you. It will teach you all the things that you need to know about yourself. And it will teach you how to be true to yourself.

So here I am. I have found my soul purpose. And now I am making it real. Better late than never, I say.

May you, too, find that quiet place in your soul that will tell you all you need to know about yourself, and all that you will need to be true to yourself. You deserve it. Why? Because you are worth it!

• Author
    Replies

tvtino
    Participant

Dorothy,

You posted this two years ago, and I hope you're still having the success you describe here. It brings me much hope to know that it's never too late (we're just a few years apart) to find your purpose!

-Tim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.