It didn't work

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leslie 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

emailedtoLeslie
    Participant

I have both of your books and I set three goals and did not reach any of them. I am not new to the world of manifesting and I also have many of the books you mentioned on your web site and have read those over the years. What do you recommend for those that none of their goals have met the date. I understand the story of the "having a baby" example but if none of a person's goals are manifesting - what specific would you recommend? You seemed to have got it right and it works for you but I wanted some further clarification.

• Author
    Replies

Leslie
    Keymaster

Most of my goals miss the date. The date we set is mostly for our benefit to keep us focused and driven. When the date comes and goes, that is when our thoughts are most critical and we cannot allow ourselves to think upset, doubtful thoughts. It is in that moment that we must feel the gratitude most sincerely, and allow our anticipation to increase instead of decrease. It is SO counter-intuitive, but it is key. As James Allen states it: “Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are… Not what he wishes and prays for does a man get, but what he justly earns. His wishes and prayers are only gratified and answered when they harmonize with his thoughts and actions.”

In my case, everytime something didn’t happen “on time”, but happened eventually, I was able to look back and recognize something about me that needed to change first. I’m not always very quick to change. Sometimes I have to go through a series of experiences that facilitate the change I need before I literally become the new person I need to be. Other times, I needed a chance to discover that the thing I was asking for wasn’t ultimately what I really wanted, and I was so glad it didn’t happen the way I originally hoped.

Everyone will experience what you are talking about. Those who press on anyway, working to make the right adjustments as they become aware of what those adjustments need to be, are those who will eventually experience the success they seek. It’s probably not what you want to hear, but in ten years when you look back you’ll be glad you perservered. You’ll see the long term effects from these minor thought-adjustments as you notice others around you who are not putting forth the same effort. Two people in the same place end up miles apart with only a minor tweak in the direction they face. Remember, success is a “progressive realization of a worthy ideal”. If you are going in the right direction, namely TRYING, you are already succeeding. Stay faithful. Just like a woman who gives birth must endure “transition” – the toughest part – so must we endure the “transition” on our way to giving birth to our dream.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.