Midterm Experience X 3

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ann 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ann
    Participant

I found it difficult to decide on what to do.

I tried several times but what I wanted happened immediately and I didn’t feel like I actually went through the whole process.

For instance. I missed a doctor’s appointment on a Monday. I really didn’t want to wait another 4 weeks for another appointment to open up. I called the office Tuesday morning to talk to them about my missed appointment. She scheduled a new one for a week out. On Tuesday afternoon I sat down to work on my midterm goal. I decided that I wanted the appointment to happen sooner. So I started envisioning them finding time. I had barely started and the phone rang. It was the doctor’s office called to let me know they had an opening the next day. I never got to the “feel it” stage so I tried again for something else.

I needed to find the perfect recital music for the two dance classes that I teach. I really do not like to choose music. In the past, I worked for a studio where the studio owner just give me a piece of music and told me that is what I needed to use, so make it good. I actually prefer that.

I am at a different studio this year and the studio owner has given me the “freedom” to choose the music for my classes. I felt like this was going to be a struggle for me so I decided to use it for my midterm. I set the intention to find music quickly and easily. Right after I wrote about finding the music, I sat down and within an hour I had not only found the pieces I wanted but I found an orchestration that was the right tempo. It was perfect. I felt like I hadn’t really gone through all the steps so I tried again.

This time I choose a book that I needed for a homeschooling co-op that I mentor at. It had been missing for two weeks. I set the intention to find it and took the time to really see it. I saw it in my hands, felt the relief that I had it and envisioned me reading to the class. They boys I teach really love this book and it is always enjoyable. I could feel the gratitude I had about finding it in time. Then I started looking for it. I looked and looked but had not luck. I told myself it was ok, I’d just download it as an e-book in the morning. Then I stopped myself and said, “No! I’m not going to take the easy way out. I’m going to keep believing that I will find it.” I went to bed. When I got up in the morning I looked again. No luck. I ran out of time and just had to get in the car empty handed.

We usually read at the end of class. The thought came to me I still have time to download the e-book. I stopped myself again and told myself “NO! I’m going to find the book.” Almost immediately I felt that I should go check the car. I had already checked it a few days before but I decided that maybe I had missed it. I excused myself and went out to the car. I looked under the passenger seat but it wasn’t there. I went around to the other side of the car and looked under the driver’s seat, but it wasn’t there. Then I looked at the meshed compartment on the back of the driver’s seat. There was a book there. It wasn’t the one I was looking for but when I pulled it out to check he title, I found the one I wanted right behind it!

So I don’t know if I accomplished the mid-term 3 times because I wasn’t satisfied that the first two came too quickly or if I really did just do it once.

It doesn’t matter. What I know is that these principles work! And I think that was the point.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.