The Power of Thought

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nikos.GR 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

brianjep
    Participant

This is my debut entry and I must first say that I have enjoyed reading all of the previous posts. Although I have been a student of the mind for over 30 years, I have just recently immersed myself in the whole process. I am absolutely loving everything what I am learning and amazed at how the reality of these truths are being manifested. I had an experience a few years ago that, upon reflection, was evidence that we are supposed to learn all that we can in this life including controlling the direction of our thoughts. All things were created spiritually before they were created physically. Anyway, here is my experience regarding transmutation of thought.

We are not materialistic people but we have been blessed with the things that we have needed. We do not put a lot of emphasis on spending money during the Christmas season so as to not distract from the true meaning this wonderful holiday. With that said, we were shopping for a few things one day and we had decided to make the purchase of a DVD player for the family so that we could enjoy some good family entertainment. (Having pretty much given up on regular television programming.) We had selected the player that was adequate for our needs and placed it in the basket while we continued shopping. Several minutes later, the thought entered my mind that we were having our company Christmas party that night and I reflected on some of the past door prizes that they had given out. I soon had the thought that it was not necessary for me to purchase the DVD player because I would simply win one that night at the party. Okay, so this sounds a little weird, but I had every confidence in the world that it would happen and so I reached into the basket and removed the one we had picked out and put it on the shelf. When my wife asked me why, I simply stated, “we don’t need to buy one because I am going to win one tonight at the company party.” She chuckled and humored me and we returned home without the DVD player. When the rest of the family saw that we had returned without the item we had agreed to purchase, I just told them the same thing. Well, to make a long story short (I know it’s too late) There were over 100 people in attendance at the party. The company gave out approximately 15 prizes, two of which were DVD players. Everyone in my family was shocked, except me, when my name was drawn out of the bowl as one of those two winners.

If that wasn’t evidence enough for me, I decided to put it to the test again at the Christmas of 2007 with more detailed vision. I wanted to make a purchase of an item that our family needed, but had put out the thought that I would win something of equivalent value, for which I could trade and acquire the object of my desire without using any money from our budget. (Knowing that they would not be giving this particular item away.) As I sat there with my wife at the party and they presented a particular prize for the drawing, I recognized its value as being equal to what it was that I wanted to purchase. I leaned forward and whispered in her ear “This is what I’m winning tonight” (having previously shared my thoughts with her) You should have seen the look on her face when they called my name.

These are the two most dramatic examples and I have to believe that they happened, not because I needed to have these items, but because I needed to learn the true method of “catching the rabbit”.

It is my firm belief that as children of God, we have been blessed with his DNA and that part of our responsibilities in this life is to become more like him. We are to do all the good we can, for all the people we can, for as long as we can. His purposes will be fulfilled and we are greatly blessed to participate in the process.

• Author
    Replies

Nikos.GR
    Participant

I was impressed and inspired by your story brianjep!!!!everytime i read a story in this forum i learn something new or something that i did not pay attention before and in the end i know that God show me with his unique and creative way that his is with me and i am in the right way to make my dreams true!!!Thank you for reminding me that once again!!!Be always well!!!!

brianjep
    Participant

Thank you Tammy and Alisa for your kind replies. I look forward to this incredible journey and learning more from each of you as we move forward the work of God by partaking of and distributing His abundance. Nothing ever really belongs to us. We are just blessed to participate through stewardship, in the process.

AlisaH
    Participant

Brian,
    Welcome to the forum! I hope you keep posting! I loved your post!

God is so incredibly generous! Money has never been a motivator for me, but lately I have been learning the importance of receiving large amounts of money to bless the lives of others. We need more money in the hands of good people who will use it to bless other people, rather than in the hands of people who use it to claim a very false sense of power.

I love how you ended your post with: “It is my firm belief that as children of God, we have been blessed with his DNA and that part of our responsibilities in this life is to become more like him. We are to do all the good we can, for all the people we can, for as long as we can. His purposes will be fulfilled and we are greatly blessed to participate in the process.”

Becoming more like God is becoming more prosperous and generous — just like He is! As we change our thinking and become more like Him, we are helping to fulfill His great purposes!

We’re looking forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Tammy
    Participant

Brian,
    I love your stories and insights. Sometimes I forget the power in our thoughts that we really have. I’m inspired to create more of what I want in this life.

Blessings!
    Tammy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.