toss it all!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tammy
    Participant

I’ve been on this purge kick since July. I do a purge twice a year, this one is a long one though. We’ll be moving in the next few months and I want to move as little “stuff” as possible.

I understand that with the vacuum law you get rid of something and make room for something else, to get that something else you have to act. For example, I want to make room for a new mattress, new bath towells, and two new dressers to start. Right now I’m not committed to putting a lot of energy into finding these items. So, I guess I shouldn’t get rid of them yet then?

In giving away these items instead of selling them, are we creating a vacuum for money to come to us to repair our house a little more before we sell?

Thank you for your comments

Tammy

• Author
    Replies

Harmony
    Participant

Hi Tammy! As long as you’re giving things away freely — both in terms of money and your thoughts, feelings, energy — then you’re creating a vacuum. Have you written down, in a positive way, what you want to come in and fill that vacuum?

Harmony

Tammy
    Participant

I have one more question on this law. My dad mentioned the possability of obtaining my passed on grandmothers heirloom bedroom furniture that he would give to me for my girls bedroom. Am I correct in thinking it would be forcing things if I got rid of the girls furniture now (bunkbeds, mattresses, dresser)? I don’t know for sure if we’ll be getting the furniture and when. I do want to be prepared though.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Tammy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.