Weight loss challenges

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leslie 11 years, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

emailedtoLeslie
    Participant

I wrote you the other day about The Jack Rabbit Factor. I love the book so much. I watched ‘The Secret’ about six months ago. I loved it. It made so much sense to me. Things began to click. When I read your book though, it felt so much more personal and related to me so much more. I believe with all of my heart and soul in God and your book goes right along with my beliefs. Thank-you for your inspiration.

My question for you is this. I have lost a lot of weight over the past year. I still have about 30 to go. I have learned how to change my wording on things. I have learned to say ‘I am slender and healthy’ as opposed to I need to lose weight. I see the importance in that. I have written out my goals on paper for six months, one year and two years for everything I want, not just my physical goals. I battle whether to say this or not but I feel frustrated because I can’t seem to stop thinking about what is going into my mouth next.

This has been a struggle for me my whole life and I seem to be getting worse. Do you have any suggestions for me? I am changing and feeling great about my life in general. I know that what I want is on its way. I just need some advice on being patient and doing, and saying the right things to bring them to me. Thanks again for your time and your diligence to this cause.

• Author
    Replies

Leslie
    Keymaster

I can relate to what you said about not being able to stop thinking about what you’ll eat next… I had that problem my senior year of high school. My family had moved out of state and I gained a lot of weight and with no friends didn’t have enough of a social life to keep my mind on other things.

In hindsight the only thing that broke me of those mind habits was getting immersed in something interesting that held my focus. If you can find a hobby or a “cause” that you can develop to consume your energy it will help you forget about food. What you resist persists, so the more you fight it the harder it will be. Stop resisting it by searching for something else to focus on. Whatever you give your energy to will expand… let something else fill your mind.

And don’t be consumed with thoughts of, “Don’t think about food, don’t think about food!” Because THAT is still thinking about food. Relax and trust that your fat thermostat will bring you to your ideal state subconsciously. Be healthy and robust, grateful for the fact that you have plenty to burn. Then burn it by getting busy shooting for an unrelated goal!

It might take some time to find a new passion, but make it a matter of prayer and you’ll find it.

Be patient and kind to yourself. Don’t beat yourself up for your weaknesses… they can and will become your strengths. Focus on how much you’ve already succeeded. Think back to how you were last year, and remain in a mindset of gratitude. Be happy now. It will help you keep progressing on a more subconscious level to allow yourself to feel successful about what you’ve already accomplished rather than feel like a failure about what hasn’t happened yet.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.