What will the event cover?

Forums Events and Programs (public) The Mentor Training Experience What will the event cover?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Trevan
    Keymaster

OK, so as Leslie and I work to prepare the agenda for Mentor Training, we have so many ideas, that it would be impossible to fit everything in to only 3 days of training. So… We want to hear from you. What are the most important things for you.

To answer this question, please take some time to get clear on where you want to go with the new knowledge & awareness you’ve gained.

It may be that you want to simply guide others through the homestudy course, and help them be accountable for their results. Perhaps you want to develop a life coaching business, or become a business coach. Maybe you see yourself on stage as a professional speaker. Or it could be that you have a special interest in health or emotional wellness, and want to use the principles to develop a business in that area.

We haven’t even scratched the surface yet. There are so many avenues that you could take with this information that there’s no need for competition. Of course, I know that as Alumni, you’re the last people in the world I need to remind that we don’t need to compete. :4:

As long as we all follow where our hearts lead us, we’ll fill our place and find joy and happiness along the way. We will all make a difference!

So, as best you can, find out where your heart is leading you (remember to follow your own intuition- don’t follow someone else’s rabbit), and then let us know what knowledge, team, tools, etc. you still need to round up.

(If you would prefer, send leslie or me a private message)

What will the training be like?
    You may find that part of the training is presentation, part is experiential, while another portion is focused on various business skills, etc.

Regardless, you’ll be glad you came!!!

• Author
    Replies

Trevan
    Keymaster

For the past few months, the Mentor Training team has been working with us to revamp and improve the whole Mentor Training program. I have to say, I am very excited about the new program! It was great before, but now it is incredible. Come prepared to soak in mega doses of great training! You will also get to learn from some of our favorite presenters/educators/mentors/trainers, too!

Last time I edited this post, we still had three of the fifteen spots left, so let us know soon if you plan to attend!

Trevan

Tammy
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification. I am soooooo very excited! Yae! I am doing today what Melanie suggested, write out a journal entry about my experience at the conference. Next, create the $$$.

You all are so wonderful!

Tammy

Trevan
    Keymaster

Thanks, Trevan! I’m getting excited again, too! I can’t wait! Guess I’ll have to.

Shanna

Trevan
    Keymaster

Tammy, Good news!

You haven’t missed the deadline. 🙂 Melanie is correct that the price goes up on May 27th.

MelanieV
    Participant

Thanks, Trevan. I appreciate it, too. I was a little confused at first, too, Tammy, but you haven’t yet missed the early registration deadline.

It sounds like a lot of fun!

Melanie

Tammy
    Participant

Thank you so much Trevon, that answered my questions perfectly. I missed the early registration deadline:(.

Looking forward to it,

Tammy

AlisaH
    Participant

Trevan,
    Thanks so much for this information! This is getting me excited all over again!
    Alisa

Trevan
    Keymaster

As requested, here is the long-awaited Mentor program description, Mentor Training schedule, and info on how you can profit from being a ThoughtsAlive Mentor.

[9/8/10 This document from 2008 has been removed – the most up to date description is at http://www.thoughtsalive.com/mentor-training, and the schedule and other details will be sent to you upon registration. If you are registered and have not yet received this overview document, let me know]

After you register, you will also receive a packet that will give you assignments and further detail and information as to how to prepare for the event in order to get the most out of your experience.

This is going to be an incredible event, and we’re very excited for those of you who will be in attendance, because of the incredible value we know you will receive.

See you there!!

To your success!

Trevan

Trevan
    Keymaster

Welcome to this forum where we’ll be discussing the Mentor Training program, answer questions, and give you additional insights into how you can profit from being a Thoughts Alive Mentor.

After you register, you will receive a packet that will give you assignments and further detail and information as to how to prepare for the event, to get the most out of your experience.

This is going to be an incredible event, and we’re very excited for those of you who will be in attendance!

See you there!!

To your success!

Trevan

P.S. Click HERE to Register

Harmony
    Participant

Thanks for posting this, Tammy. I’ve been really curious about it myself. I’m graduating with honors from FTMF in mid-July, so my thoughts have turned toward further training quite a bit. I’m particularly interested in what the training will cover, and what kind of relationship official mentors will have with Thoughts Alive.

Harmony

Tammy
    Participant

I’d like to know what kinds of things we will be learning at mentor training and the times of classes if they are known. For example: Monday 12:00-5:00 topic ________, Tuesday 8:00-? Topic ______ etc.

I’m also wondering what your plan for the mentors are. I remember someone mentioning the mentors will be reading FTMF course participants life statements.

Will our training beable to be applicable for those of us who want to get into counseling or social services?

Thank you,
    Tammy

Trevan
    Keymaster

Good Point, Alisa. I’ve moved the thread to the FTMF Participants Forum.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Trevan

AlisaH
    Participant

Trevan,

I know of people who are currently taking this course – but are planning to come to the Mentor training – who can’t access this through the link you sent because they are not yet Alumni. To get their feedback, you may want to post this (or a similar one) in the FTMF section to get their feedback, too!

Trevan
    Keymaster

Trevan,

Yeah! I’m glad you asked this because I was just discussing it with Rob last night. Hmmmmm. What do I want to do? Well, I’m afraid I want to do TONS of things! I want to be a mentor to others in the course, coach, speak to audiences, teach classes, etc. I have similar interests as Alisa, too. I’d also LOVE to teach teens. Can you imagine having had this understood before you left home?! I’m teaching my children and would love to teach others.

I, too, would like to have a curriculm to work with that I can add my insights to as well as incorporate some of the other sources that I’ve learned from.

I’m just so excited for this opportunity and to be able to meet you and Leslie and the others from the forum!

Shanna

AlisaH
    Participant

Trevan,
    I don’t know if you plan to cover this or not – or if there is enough time to cover it, but the biggest thing holding me back is marketing!

How to set up my website to best attract potential clients – how to drive traffic to my website so potential clients actually find me – how to best price my services to be fair to both me and my client – what curriculum to follow (and advertise).

I feel like I can help clients, but I don’t know how to attract them to me!

Besides Leslie’s Home Study Course, most of my learning has been from a lot of different sources. Do I develop my own curriculum, or are there some programs that we will be licensed to teach to people who want to be mentored? Or will I be able to do both?

I think a basic curriculum to start with would be helpful, but I know that I would also like to teach from other sources, too. For example, a course on “The Science of Getting Rich,” a course on “As a Man Thinketh,” a course on “The Jackrabbit Factor,” a course on “Hidden Treasures” – or possibly a combination of all those!

I will share any additional thoughts I have! I’m just excited to come and learn and meet all my friends on this forum!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July!
    Alisa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.